Translate

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Matthew 28:18:-20 (NIV) Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of age. What's my calling? What does God want me to do? What is my purpose? I've asked all of these questions. I was ignorant to what God's will for all of His children was. I didn't have the slightest clue. I had given my life to Christ, but honestly didn't understand fully what I did until I began a relationship with God. What is God's will for your life? Well as written above in Matthew 28:18-20 it tells you. After Jesus' resurrection, He met the eleven disciples at the mountain in Galilee. There He spoke to them, commanding them to go and make disciples of all nations. All of the world should be made disciples. What is a disciple? A disciple is a follower and student of a mentor, teacher, or othdr wise figure. The twelve disciples were the students of Jesus during His ministry. We are supposed to be doing exactly what Jesus commanded His disciples. What are we doing? Are we doing what Jesus commanded? It's not a choice, but a command. Step out of your comfort zones and reach out to the people around you. We ought to teach others to share the gospel and teach others to be Christ-like. As Jesus has freely given to us, so shall we freely give to others. Matthew 10:8 (NIV) Do not withhold the knowledge you possess from others. Hosea 4:6 (NIV) says: my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. It's not God's will that His people should perish, so please teach people about Christ. God does have specific things for us that only we can do, but outside of that, The Great Commission should be your mission no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment