Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WHERE IS YOUR HOPE PLACED?

For a while now, I’ve been placed in a position where I’ve had to rely on God and Him alone to come through for me. In the past, I didn’t understand or recognize who my true help was. I hoped and trusted in people who failed me. I don’t blame them, but with that came a lot of hurt and pain. From going through these times of struggle, I’ve learned that God is it! He’s everything you will ever need and don’t let anyone tell you different. The one thing I’d like for all to take away from this if nothing else is: to learn and understand that God is our ONLY HOPE!

Hope (verb) to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence/ to believe, desire, or trust.
Hoping in God, is putting your trust in Him, and believing in Him, that He will answer your prayers! It starts with faith. What is faith? We can find exactly what it is in Hebrews 11:1, 6 (NIV).  Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.  If you want God to work in your life, you must have faith. You must believe in your heart (not your mind) that He exists and that He rewards those who honestly seek Him. If you go to God and you’re doubtful He’ll ever come through for you, then there is no way He can go to work on your behalf. How can He give you something that you don’t expect Him to give. It’s called double-minded! Have confidence in God and yourself.
People change all the time but God never changes. How is it possible to put your hope in someone who is limited in what they can do for you? It happens but it’s not the wisest decision to make in a situation where it will take a miracle to get you through it. God works miracles through us. God is the creator of Heaven and earth and He owns everything in them. Whatever you need, God’s got it! It’s done!
Blessed are those whose help is in the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God. Psalm 146:5 (NIV) You will be blessed when you place your hope in God. He’s your help. He will bless you supernaturally or through someone else. God works through us to provide the needs of others. The lord delights in those who fear (love) him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. Psalm 147:11 (NIV). God will not and cannot fail you!!!
King David put his hope in God and acknowledged that God was his help. Psalm 71:5-6 (NIV) For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you. What happens when you place your hope in God? It’s stated clearly in His word what benefits are received from doing this Isaiah 40:31 (NIV) but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. When you are at your weakest moments in your trials and your hope is in God, He’ll renew your strength to keep pressing forward. With God there is no if! He’s faithful to answer your prayers. My prayer is that those who read this will begin to place their hope in God who is our ONLY HELP. Father, redirect our faith and hope in people toward you. We may not know exactly how to do that, so I ask that you would teach us. Thank you for your faithfulness to us and your unfailing love expressed to us. I pray we will lift our hands and praise you The Most High and Mighty God, who saves all who call upon you in the time of our troubles. Thank you Abba, In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment