Translate

Friday, May 11, 2012

REST




I sense God wants us all to come to Him and rest in Him. We are carrying burdens that He never meant for us to carry.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV) We can get burdened down by our daily lives and the stresses which come with it. I want you all to know that it doesn’t have to be that way. God is the one responsible to carry our burdens. That is why Jesus spoke those words in the scripture above. If you feel like you’re so weighed down and cannot handle it anymore, the best thing to do is to get on your knees and cry out to God. He hears us and cares about everything concerning us. Yes, I said EVERYTHING! Our tears are so precious to Him. He wants nothing more than to comfort us and love us unconditionally. Whatever it is, give it up to God and He will give you much needed rest. Once you’re well rested, you’ll be light as a feather and will be able to carry on with you walk in Christ with a clear heart and mind. Your strength will be renewed.

Our God is able, stronger, wiser, and bigger than anything you can imagine. If He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ever ask or imagine, then don’t you think He can take on your burdens and free you of the heavy weight life drops on you? I believe and know He can.

Father I thank you for being our burden bearer. Thank you for outstretched comforting arms where we may rest. May we seek you and find you while you are near. Let us lay down all of our burdens at the feet of Jesus and take upon his yoke. Our concerns are yours to handle and we gladly give them all to you In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment